There are the following departments pre-setup in the OpenHotel PMS system. They are Admin, Manager, Front Desk, Housekeeping and Maintenance. Each department has a standard set of access levels. These access levels can be changed if you wish. For example, you may only want a manager to have the right to override a reservation rates or you can allow your Front Desk have that capability.
This article shows you how to add a user and assign them to the department that is appropriate for their access. The PDF below shows what the default access levels are for each department. If you wish to change any of the access levels for any department, please see the article which will post on 11/12/12.
Open Hotel Standard Access Levels for Departments - click to download
- Login into your admin area
- Click on the website tab
- Under the menu item 'Security' you will see a sub-menu item 'Users'. Click on 'Users'
- There is a green box on the left that says 'Add User'. Click on 'Add User'.
- Add your staff members first and last name, email address and password. Use an password with numbers and letters for your own protection against hacking.
- Scroll down. You will see a section called 'User Rights'. Put a check mark in the appropriate level of security for the person you are adding. You only need to select one group.
- Click Submit'